June is here and while we’ve definitely had some cold spells, summer heat is on the horizon! While it’s not too late to plant annuals (just yet!) it’s not too early to start thinking about water retention and dealing with the hot, dry months that are to come. A few tips:
- Mulch your decorative plants and your garden vegetables as well
- Once your veggies start to come in, harvest them often to promote more growth and to prevent pesky critters from eating them first
- Water early in the morning to reduce evaporation
- Morning is also a great time to harvest herbs as that’s when the leaves contain the maximum essential oils
- Have your daffodils come and gone? Once the foliage is yellow, you can either mow or cut it down
- Dead-heading your flowers will also encourage more blooms
Ready for summer now? So are we! Stop in and get your shrubs, your annuals, and anything else you might need to buckle up for summer. Have specific questions or need for us to come out to look at your garden? Contact us and let us know how we can help!